30.1.10

Stephanie Bartscht


Design is a multifaceted subject that when well executed should encompass all aspects of life.
It is the synthesis of language, aesthetics, function and necessity fuelled by creativity which elucidate me as an interdisciplinary designer.
Conscious of the infinite power of design and the mediatory role it it plays in forming systems and societies my works are centred around the facilitation of a sustainable lifestyle supported by various mediums.

Addressing the escalating effects of mass consumption I aim to create public awareness concerning quotidian waste. Assessing and understanding attitudes towards waste and promoting a more logical alternative, I use my interdisciplinary skills to initialise change.

Employing digital, theoretical and social methods, interdisciplinarity is the driving force behind all projects.

Change advocating influences range from;